KATKA RESZKE, PH.D.
IS AVAILABLE FOR SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS AT ACADEMIC AND NON-ACADEMIC INSTITUTIONS: JEWISH STUDIES DEPARTMENTS, JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTERS, MUSEUMS, SYNAGOGUES, LIBRARIES AND OTHER ORGANIZATIONAL OR PRIVATE VENUES. THE PRESENTATIONS ARE ILLUSTRATED WITH POWERPOINT IMAGES, PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEOS.
Selected Presentation Venues:
Rutgers University, Institute for Research on Women, Distinguished Lecture Series
Facing History and Ourselves, Boston, MA
Johannesburg Holocaust & Genocide Centre
Cape Town Holocaust Centre
Limmud South Africa
YIVO Center for Jewish History, New York
University College of London
The Museum of the History of Polish Jews, Warsaw
Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust
Hebrew Union College, Los Angeles
Skirball Cultural Center, Los Angeles
The White Stork Synagogue, Wroclaw, Poland
Hebrew Institute of Riverdale, New York
Congregation Ramath Orah, New York
The Village Temple Synagogue, New York
Temple Beth Zion - Beth Israel, Philadelphia, PA
Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, MA
Hadassah Northeast, Andover MA
Bergen College, NJ
Congregation Habonim, Toronto; Holocaust Education Week
1. Author Book Talk on "Return of the Jew"
2. Jewish life in contemporary Poland
3. The "revival" of Jewish Culture in today's Poland
4. Discovering Jewish roots in post-communist Poland - personal reflections and identity stories of Generation Unexpected
(the third post-Holocaust generation of Jews in Poland)
5. Jan Karski - the story of the Polish underground messenger and his role in Holocaust narratives in the U.S. and Poland.
6. "Coming Out Polish Style" - film & discussion
7. "The Meshugene Effect"
TO BOOK OR INQUIRE ABOUT KATKA RESZKE'S AVAILABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 646 812 8841